Skip to Content


One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help people with federal problems. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. Below you will find a list of agencies that I can help you with. However, regardless of which agency you need help with, I need a completed privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Please click here for a printable version of the privacy authorization form and then fax or mail to the address listed under the agency from which you are seeking assistance. Which agency do you need help with?

Please read our Casework FAQ before submitting a request for assistance.

Please note regarding passports: 
Unfortunately, the only congressional requests for in-person appointments that the NY Passport Agency will accept are those related to life-or-death emergencies. Therefore the only way our office can request an emergency appointment on a constituent's behalf is to provide documentation demonstrating an emergency, which must involve an immediate family member, such as a spouse, child or parent, and we must provide documentation of the relationship (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.). At this time, our office is unable to obtain appointments on behalf of constituents who are not experiencing a life-or-death emergency. However, our office can assist with applications that are already submitted. Once an application is submitted by mail or through an acceptance facility (be sure to select expedited processing and overnight delivery), it will take 3-4 days for it to be assigned a Locator Number by the Dept. of State. You can look up whether or not your case has been issued a Locator Number at Once you have the number, our office can contact the Dept. of State on your behalf and request immediate processing of your application.

Back to top